Who should attend
Individual contributors and managers alike.
About the course
Develop Your Strategic Advantage
Why does one firm perform better than another? How can a firm maintain its competitive advantage over time?
This course provides a thorough understanding of the concepts, processes, players, and planning elements involved in developing a strategic advantage over the competition in any business environment.
You will learn the tools expert researchers are using to evaluate performance at companies and how you can apply them to improve yourself and your company’s position in the industry.
- Understand the concepts, processes, players, and institutions in your strategic business environment.
- Learn how to develop effective strategies through industry and firm level analyses.
- Analyze the internal and external environments of the firm through a SWOT analysis.
- Understand the types and best approaches for implementing business and corporate strategies.
- Distinguish the benefits and drawbacks of strategic implementation vehicles (e.g., mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, and more).
- Review and discuss current issues related to corporate governance.
- Explain biases associated with strategic planning and strategic decision making.
Dr. Scott D. Graffin is a Professor and Synovus Chair in Servant Leadership in the Terry College of Business Department of Management at the University of Georgia, and an Associate Editor, Academy of Management Journal. Education PhD, Strategic Management, University of Wisconsin – Madison, 20...
Dr. Mike Pfarrer is a Professor of Strategic Management in the Terry College of Business at The University of Georgia. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Maryland. Education PhD, Strategic Management, University of Maryland, 2007 MBA, Management, University of North Alabama, 2002 BA,...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.