Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Business leaders, including senior and middle executives of major corporations
- Owners and senior leaders of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Startup founders.
People join us from many different types of organisations; for-profit, not-for-profit and government, multinational PLCs, small and medium-sized enterprises and startups.
About the course
Increased competition, globalisation and new technologies pose major challenges to business leaders. Whether you are a senior leader of an established organisation, or founder of a startup company, strategic thinking is critical to surviving and succeeding in today’s volatile business environment.
Strategic management can help leaders identify new opportunities and find new ways to create value for customers, whilst creating and maintaining competitive advantage.
This programme, in its new ‘Live Online’ format, has been carefully designed to help you address the challenges of strategic analysis, setting strategy and defining the direction of your company in the wake of technological disruptions and shifts in the competitive landscape.
It will enhance your strategic analysis through a critical evaluation of competitive, technological and market scenarios. Using reference cases, videos and group exercises, the programme will allow you to develop your strategies through an outside-in lens, and from the perspective of your stakeholders. The sessions will infuse new thinking in building, extending and managing the strategic direction of your company.
You will be introduced to cutting-edge thinking and develop core skills essential to strategy formulation and implementation, including new platform strategies, portfolio analyses, creating and maintaining a strategic vision, stakeholder analyses and the necessity of developing a strong market orientation
- What is strategy and why is it necessary for success?
- Understanding the changing dynamics of your industry before adapting
- Understanding your competitive advantage
- Developing strategies for cost leadership and differentiation
- Creating new markets using blue ocean strategies
- Understanding the dynamics of industries in the new economy, and how you can exploit them
- Structuring your organisation to execute particular strategies
- Aligning your structure to your strategy
- Creating synergies across businesses
- Implementing strategy
- Strategic leadership.
- Understand how strategy can make the difference between success and failure
- Have the opportunity to reflect on your industry, organisation and role, and gain new insights on your strategic challenges
- Learn to develop strategies to create and maintain competitive advantage by better understanding the dynamics of your industry
- Gain a deeper understanding of the tools and techniques of strategic analysis.
Reader in Strategy & Policy Race & Inclusion Champion, University of Cambridge PhD (McGill University) Research interests Social and institutional change and stability; technological shifts in society; emergence of new markets; socio-economic changes in South Asia and Africa; economic ...
University Lecturer in Strategy & Organisation Ecole Normale Supérieure, LLM (Rennes I), MSc (Paris X Université), MA (EHESS), PhD (HEC Paris) Research interests Strategy and economic sociology; organisation theory; categorisation; valuation; status; legal studies. Subject group: Strategy...
Professor of Strategy & Innovation Professorial Fellow of St Edmund''s College MPhil, PhD (University of Cambridge) Research interests Institutional processes and diffusion of practices; social and environmental issues, technological and management innovations; value creation and new marke...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.