Who should attend
CXOs and members of top management teams as well as high potential executives looking at strategic roles in future. Recommended for people in both line and staff functions; Participants need not have a formal education in Management.
About the course
While strategic management is supposed to be a long-term view, in times such as these, where change is rampant and unpredictable, we look at what strategy entails and its relevance in times to come. Starting with a quick introduction to strategic management, the programme is intended to highlight the changes in the environment, and the need for a new look at strategic management, with novel ways of analysing and engaging. The programme is designed with a wide variety of pedagogical mix.
- To provide an overview of Strategic Management
- To establish the need for a relook at Strategy, given the changing times
- To delineate how strategic management changes in a digital world
- To emphasize the trade-offs in navigating the VUCA world
- To highlight the necessity of Blue Ocean strategy
- To underline the increasing linkages between strategy and society
- To equip the participants with new frameworks and ways of analysis
- Introduction to Strategy; Competitive Strategy; Corporate Strategy; Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Resource-based View and Understanding Emerging Economies
- Strategy in a Digital World: The E- in E-business
- Surviving in the VUCA world: Black Swans, Dragon Kings & Gray Rhinos
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Converting non-customers into customers
- Strategy & Society: Stakeholder Capitalism & Corporate Social Responsibility
Srinivas Gunta has been a faculty member in the Strategic Management area at the Indian Institute of Management Indore since mid-2010. He is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. His research work is in the domain of resource-based view where he focuses on how firms build and ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.