Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Strategic management: a vehicle for company success
Increased competition, globalisation and fast changing technologies pose major challenges to business leaders. Whether you are a senior leader of an established organisation, a middle manager in charge of a division, or founder of a startup company, strategic thinking is central to surviving and succeeding in today's complex and volatile business environment. Strategic management can help business leaders effectively identify new opportunities in the environment, find new ways to create value for customers and move ahead of competitors.
Developing core strategic management skills: an outside-in lens
This programme is carefully designed to help participants effectively address the challenges of strategic analysis, setting strategy and defining the direction companies should take in the wake of technological disruptions and continuous competitive shifting. It challenges participants’ strategic analysis through a critical evaluation of external competitive, technological and market scenarios.
The programme integrates a range of reference cases, videos and hands-on group exercises that allow you to develop a big-picture of your strategies through an outside-in lens - looking at your strategies through the eyes of stakeholders. The different sessions will infuse new thinking in building, extending and managing the strategic direction of your company within the context of its diverse stakeholders. This programme will introduce you to cutting-edge thinking and develop core skills essential to strategy formulation and implementation, including new forms of platform strategies, portfolio analyses, creating and maintaining strategic vision, stakeholder analyses and the necessity of developing a strong market orientation. These skills will help you develop your capabilities in identifying strategic options and creating the organisational context to successfully implement the selected strategy.
Practical and outcome-driven approach
This programme combines rigorous cutting-edge research with real world cases developed by Cambridge Judge Business School faculty, as well as the diverse experiences of participants to provide a unique experience. The programme is practical and outcome-driven. Experiential exercises, videos and case analyses are integrated to facilitate exploration and reflection. Participants will be armed with strategic tools and techniques that they can apply in their organisations.
- What is strategy and why is it necessary for success?
- How to understand the changing dynamics of your industry before you can adapt
- What can you base your competitive advantage on?
- How to develop strategies for cost leadership and differentiation
- How to create completely new markets by deploying blue ocean strategies
- How industries in the new economy (software, electronics etc.) are characterised by fundamentally different dynamics and how managers can understand and exploit them
- How to structure your organisation to execute particular strategies
- Why is it important to align your structure to your strategy at all times?
- Do your various businesses belong together? How do you create synergies across businesses?
- How to implement strategy
Spend three days away from your usual work environment, in the company of world-leading Cambridge faculty members and a diverse, international group of peers.
Time and space to reflect on your industry, organisation and role within it. Discuss your strategic challenges with a variety of participants and Cambridge faculty.
This practical and fast-paced programme will cover:
- how strategy makes the difference between success and failure
- understanding the dynamics of your industry and how to exploit them better than your competitors
- how to plot creative strategies that lead to competitive advantage
- the tools and techniques of strategic analysis
- strategic capabilities to improve your decision-making process
- navigating strategic trade-offs in your journey
- creating synergies across different businesses
- exploiting network effects and play in a sharing economy
- the strategic implementation process and tools required
Who should attend
Business managers who wish to acquire a more comprehensive and deep understanding of strategy. The programme is designed for both general and functional managers.
Trust the experts
Reader in Strategy & Policy Race & Inclusion Champion, University of Cambridge PhD (McGill University) Research interests Social and institutional change and stability; technological shifts in society; emergence of new markets; socio-economic changes in South Asia and Africa; economi...
Sinyi Professor of Chinese Management Director of the Wo+Men''s Leadership Centre Head of the Strategy & International Business subject group Professorial Fellow of Newnham College PhD (University of Kansas) Research interests Sucheta''s research interests lie in two broad areas: Strat...