Who should attend
This course is aimed at senior managers operating at strategic level, specifically addressing the 'Fellow' level of the map for the L&D Specialism.
About the course
This course will enable you to build strategies with a group of like minded people and gain insights on the latest research about learning culture and learning impact. You'll learn the concept of learning culture within organisations, and understand how to balance the challenges of meeting current and future capability needs of the organisation.
By the end of this one day course, you'll be able to :
- understand the concept of learning culture within organisations
- understand how to balance the challenges of meeting current and future capability needs of the organisation
- leverage modern learning methods
- define ways of capturing learning impact.
The course will have a short content input on four areas of the CIPD Profession Map for the specialism 'Learning and Development' at the 'Fellow' level. These are:
- explore the concept of learning culture: what is a learning culture? What is the value of learning cultures and how can they support organisation growth?
- balance the challenge of meeting current and future organisational capability: How to define current and future capability needs of the organisation and how they drive the learning strategy. Moving away from learning needs analysis to a consultative approach and interpreting the strategic plan.
- leverage modern learning methods in the current landscape: Modern methods opportunities and challenges.
- define learning impact and how to measure it: How to assess learner engagement and learning transfer and its impact on the learning strategy.
Each of these themes will be briefly explored before you'll spend some time in groups to think of a strategy to solve live issues. Please note, you'll be asked to think of an issue to discuss prior to the course.
Founder of Emotion at Work, fascinated by people, identity, behaviour, culture and learning. I've made a promise to make work better for everyone by placing emotion at the heart of work. Occasionally I'm told that I care too much. Most often that helps as it drives me to do brilliant work tha...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.