Strategic Leadership at the Top the Executive Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Darden School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Today's executives face challenges and opportunities that extend beyond the enterprise—across industries and around the world. Confronting the challenges and embracing these opportunities require more than training and expertise. It requires a strategic perspective, informed judgment and a global vision for what’s possible. Reserved for senior executives with advanced management experience, The Executive Program: Strategic Leadership at the Top (TEP) provides a forum for top executives from around the world to come together and explore universal challenges and solutions, helping them lead their organization in today’s complex, global marketplace.
To meet the ever-changing needs of today's executives, TEP's format has been expanded to include both virtual and residential modules, extending the learning journey to provide ongoing support and guidance as you share and implement new insights within your organization. And your residential module will include sessions, workshops and guest speakers at both of Darden's locations - Charlottesville and Rosslyn.
Throughout this intense program, your TEP journey will be a shared one, connecting with engaged faculty as well as senior executives from diverse industries around the world. Our proven experiential approach focuses on the whole leader, to discover what inspires and drives you from the inside out and beyond.
- Engage with faculty and members of your learning team throughout the program to discuss and explore personalized new possibilities for yourself and your organization
- Analyze real-life business situations and become a better leader by asking the right questions, thinking strategically and offering solutions-sharpened by the perspective of colleagues and their executive leadership experience.
- Apply new concepts to your current position and identify a personal or organizational challenge for which you'll develop a customized plan of action to launch upon your return.
- Engage in enrichment activities and workshops chosen by you and your peers. You'll expand on classroom concepts with topics like design thinking, financial management, entrepreneurship, or government and politics.
- Improve your peak performance through a stamina-building wellness program that includes a course on cognitive fitness, structured exercise opportunities and a personalized wellness profile with risk ratings and recommendations for health improvement, so you can ensure that your physical, mental and psychological strengths serve you well during the program and the rest of your life.
TEP's extended learning journey includes both virtual and residential modules:
- Opening Online Module - Meet the TEP faculty, share your personal and organizational challenges and goals, and prepare for your TEP experience
- Residency Module - Hosted at both of Darden's locations in Charlottesville and Rosslyn
- Virtual Leadership Lab - Webinars and coaching sessions to help you implement new strategies and plans once you return to the office
KEY THEMES & TOPICS
By putting you in a position to engage key issues across functional and enterprise boundaries, you will develop the acumen to inspire change and drive innovation within yourself, your organization and beyond.
Developing Executive Capabilities:
- Leading Other Leaders
- Thinking & Acting Strategically
- Taking an Enterprise Perspective
- Becoming Globally Aware
- Managing Through Crisis
- Envisioning Future Scenarios & Possibilities
- Leading "Values" Change Towards New Priorities & Standards
- Leading Cultural Change
- Managing/ Aligning Diverse Stakeholders
- Making Tough Decisions
- Digital Transformation & Disruptive Technologies
- Global Disruptions
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Environmental, social & governance
- Cyber Security
- Data Analytics
- Future of Competition
IMPACT & OUTCOMES
As a result of participating in this program, you will be able to:
- More effectively lead from purpose, vision, and values
- Apply a strategic mindset to skillfully envision and communicate an enterprise strategy and desired future
- Leverage an enterprise perspective to integrate across functions and foster a results orientation throughout the organization
- Demonstrate a global orientation to decision making and systems thinking
- Enhance your personal well-being by more effectively balancing mental and physical demands with organizational imperatives
Who should attend
This program is designed for senior-level executives with more than twelve years of experience in significant management roles. Of the more than 4,000 executives who have graduated from this program, many represent Fortune 100 companies. Their diverse industries include aerospace, consumer services, banking/finance, consulting, defense contractors, insurance, mining, nonprofit, oil, telecom, bio/pharma, chemical, construction and the U.S. military.
Executives in The Executive Program are selected for their outstanding leadership capabilities. As you share perspectives in the classroom, you will gain insights that will provide more breadth and depth to your own point of view. As a graduate of TEP, you will join Darden's worldwide network of nearly 4,000 alumni of the program and 10,000 alumni of Darden's MBA program in 87 countries, whose sense of commitment, camaraderie and connection is globally recognized.