Strategic Leaders Program — Hong Kong
As a senior leader, your effectiveness is measured by the performance of the leaders you manage.
Therefore, the ability to align and motivate your team to drive business results is crucial to your success. The Strategic Leaders Program, through The Competing Values Framework, will challenge you to adopt new research-backed ways of thinking that will increase your impact as a leader.
For over 30 years The Competing Values Framework has been used by the world’s most well-known companies to drive innovation, create high-performance cultures, explore and expand into new markets, and improve overall quality.
This program explores the critical components of effective management and leadership. You’ll learn to make better decisions under pressure, improve your leadership approach in increasingly complex environments, develop talent more effectively and lead with more creativity, energy, and intensity. Cultivating and leveraging individual and organizational capabilities will be emphasized throughout the program. You'll emerge with an action plan to help you advance your career and drive positive results in your organization.
- You will learn to apply the Competing Values Framework to influence beyond authority, increase learning agility, spark innovation, and exercise sound judgment under pressure.
- You will develop a personalized action plan based on feedback from the University of Michigan's Leadership Competencies Survey and self-assessments during the program.
- In live case studies, you'll apply class concepts to your own challenges and receive instant feedback.
- Post-program follow-up projects and sessions will ensure your continued progress, and you'll be welcomed into a learning community with continued interaction with faculty and other participants.
PROGRAM IN FOCUS
IN THIS PROGRAM, YOU'LL EXPLORE IN DETAIL:
YOUR LEADERSHIP APPROACH
- Clarify how others perceive you
- Manage relationships and align your team
- Develop your emerging leaders
NEW ANALYTIC TOOLS
- Learn new analysis tools to inform your strategy
- Present your strategy more effectively to gain buy-in
- Review and refine your plan as it develops
SYSTEMS AND DESIGN THINKING
- Reframe problems to identify new opportunities
- Generate more creative solutions more quickly
- Gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of experimenting
PRESSURE, POWER, AND POLITICS
- Confidently exercise sound judgment in a crisis
- Tactfully handle intense discussions
- Skillfully navigate organizational politics
ACTION PLANNING AND SYNTHESIS
- Identify key organizational and managerial strengths
- Grow your executive presence
- Develop and implement a plan to apply new knowledge
TAKEAWAYS & TOOLS
- Positive business impact — You'll learn techniques to help others achieve their full potential, thus improving the bottom line.
- Increased confidence — Personalized coaching sessions will build upon your strengths and empower you to take on any personal or professional challenge.
- Resourcefulness and resilience — You'll increase your ability to perform well under pressure and recover quickly after a setback.
- Best practices — Gain a better understanding of how top leaders implement strategic initiatives, conduct difficult conversations, and excel under pressure
Who should attend
- Mid- to senior-level leaders who manage and are responsible for the results of other leaders
- Managers seeking innovative approaches to prepare for their next level of leadership responsibility