Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Strategic Intuition is designed for executives at all levels who are involved in strategic planning, innovation, or creative design. The program is ideal for teams looking for ways to generate new ideas.
About the course
In order to succeed, a business leader needs to combine various kinds of thinking, such as strategic thinking, entrepreneurial thinking, or creative thinking. Strategic Ideation brings you exclusive tools and methods to enhance your thinking process and develop powerful ideas for your organization.
The program is based on the groundbreaking research and teaching by Professor William Duggan. In only two days, you will learn how to capture the benefits of strategic intuition and apply it to real-world business innovation. The last part of the program offers a set of tools to use strategic intuition for your own personal strategy and development.
Participants will receive a copy of Strategic Intuition: The Creative Spark in Human Achievement, which was named "Best Strategy Book of 2007" by Strategy & Business magazine
How You Will Benefit in the Current Context
"In times like these, it's likely that what you're doing now won't work in the future. You need to innovate. But how? You need a creative idea that's also strategic, that you can take action on right away.
Strategic Ideation offers a powerful set of ideas, methods, and tools for innovation based on the latest breakthroughs in modern neuroscience, principles from classical military strategy, and surprising truths about how great achievements in business and other fields actually happened.
–William Duggan, Faculty Director
Summary of Benefits
- Understand the concept of strategic intuition, based on the science of how creative ideas actually happen in practice.
- Learn the four key steps that make strategic intuition occur, and how to do it better yourself.
- Apply strategic intuition to any strategic or creative problem through the Insight Matrix, for individuals and teams, a tool exclusive to the program
Using lectures, discussions, exercises and, case studies, Strategic Ideation covers three basic themes: strategic intuition in business, in leadership, and in life.
- Understand how flashes of insight work in the mind to create new ideas
- Recognize the four steps of strategic intuition in action
- Apply a team tool for strategic intuition to business problems of all kinds
- Understand 10 lessons of strategic intuition for company culture
- Apply strategic intuition to leadership in any field of work
- Understand the link between organizational and personal strategy
- Apply a method to plan for organizational or personal opportunity
- Learn a method for maintaining the right frame of mind to see opportunity
William Duggan is the author of three recent books on innovation: Strategic Intuition: The Creative Spark in Human Achievement (2007); Creative Strategy: A Guide for Innovation (2012); and The Seventh Sense: How Flashes of Insight Change Your Life (2015). In 2007 the journal Strategy+Business na...