Strategic Human Resource Management (India)
As we navigate through turbulent economic times, directing the human side of the business becomes a defining element of business success. As such, this program covers four key areas:
- Current business realities and their implications for creating and sustaining a competitive advantage through people
- The logic and process for developing a powerful and business-focused human resource strategy
- Tools that are required for successful change management
- Key aspects of effective leadership
The central and defining element of an effective HR strategy is cultural capability, which embodies how people think and behave together in a way that creates substantial value for customers and shareholders. We will apply the process of defining the key cultural capabilities for your business and identify the organizational practices that have the greatest impact on business performance. Each component of the change management toolkit will be examined and applied to your personal context. Finally, we will focus on characteristics and practices that differentiate high-performing and low-performing leaders. In this context, you will have the opportunity to determine your long-term and short-term leadership agenda
The content explored in this program focuses specifically on the challenges facing HR professionals in India. Dr. Wayne Brockbank serves as faculty director for this program, and has served in the past as faculty director for the Global Program for Management Development in India. Armed with extensive research and consulting experience with Indian companies in a variety of industries, as well as leading multinational corporations, Professor Brockbank is well connected with the realities of Indian and developing country markets. He has earned an important distinction as one of the most accessible, hands-on educators in the executive education industry.
Strategies to create and sustain competitive advantage through people
- Frameworks for developing a powerful, business-focused HR strategy
- Tools to help you successfully manage change
- Greater knowledge of the skills required for effective leadership.
Who should attend
This program is ideal for HR professionals who want to learn more about ways to strategically address India-specific HR challenges.