Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Does the HR component of your role seem complex or daunting? In this session, you will learn how to approach the ‘people’ aspects of your leadership portfolio from a more strategic perspective. You will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the government as you examine how to develop, retain and attract people with the right skills and motivation to enable both their individual success and progress towards your branch and/or department objectives. You will look at HR from a career life cycle perspective, from initial hire through to succession planning, and explore how to balance the day-to-day realities of life in the GoA.
- Defining strategic HR from a practical perspective
- The process of HR planning in your branch or department
- How to attract, hire and retain: from the plan to the interview to the position
- Career development for staff
- Performance management in the new age: how to enable the success of your staff
- Rewards and recognition: maximizing the possibilities while appreciating the constraints
- Succession planning: defining critical positions and positioning for the future
Trust the experts
Strong, effective leaders have the power to make a difference in people’s lives, but only if they’re given the tools to do so. My tool of choice is emotional intelligence (EQ). EQ training and strategies allow leaders to remain engaged with those they manage while making critical strategic- and p...