Strategic Hiring and Appraisal Feedback
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Houston-Clear Lake.Full disclaimer.
The key to success in any organization rests on the ability of its mangers and leaders to effectively recruit, develop, engage and retain employees and staff. Often times managers and leaders are expected to know “how to” do it all at the time they are given the responsibility of leading, guiding, growing, and developing others.
This course provides real world tools and resources to equip, even the most seasoned managers and leaders, to be successfully in today's workforce landscape when hiring and ensuring positive performance behaviors and outcomes.
Target Areas of Knowledge
- Hiring and candidate search processes
- Interviewing best practices
- Talent Management
- Managing performance behaviors
- Dealing with unsatisfactory employee performance
- Employee engagement strategies to promote individual and organizational success
- Employee development and succession planning
- Employee retention strategies
Key Learning Outcomes
- Ability to identify, develop and manage a successful job search
- Awareness and application of talent management strategies and best practices
- Tools and resources to be engaged when managing positive, as well as, ineffective performance behaviors
- Successfully develop and utilize performance/appraisal strategies
- Strategies for developing an engaged workforce
- Ability to address talent/skill gaps and needs within an organization
- Development of succession planning and organizational assessment
Who should attend
Aspiring or newly promoted supervisors, process and production supervisors, front-line supervisors, and experienced supervisors who wish to gain knowledge, information and resources to be an effective leader and supervisor in today's diverse work environment.