About the course
The course offers the skills you need to think about the future in a structured way by exploring a fusion of design-thinking and strategic foresight.
Level 1 covers research skills. This includes learning to scan for trends, mapping patterns in those trends and then identifying new opportunities for your organization or yourself.
There are practical exercise applying these new skills for long-term strategy development. More in Curriculum tab.
In the classroom, you will also experience working with viewpoints from across other sectors, learn how to select the right tool for your task and practice different communication modes.
No pre-requisites for this level other than fluent written and spoken English.
Courses are progressive, completion of level 1 is required before completing level 2 and then level 3
- Scoping futures explorations
- Scanning and signal collection
- Collection, organization and synthesis
- Trend taxonomies
- Applied scanning exercises
- Organizing and socializing future insights — Generating trends and drivers, and group sense making
- Mapping and clustering for pattern recognition — Making sense of emerging patterns, map uncertainty and identify key strategic themes
- Timelines and horizon models — How to connect the near and the far to expose gaps and needs
- Applied mapping and timeline exercises
- Develop and present potential new opportunities for your organization
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.