Who should attend
- Marketers involved in developing, informing and implementing their organisation's marketing, product and brand plans; and
- Key account managers in marketing research houses and communication agencies who influence and work with clients in developing marketing plans
About the course
Design and implement a successful integrated and digital marketing plan that is aligned to the strategic objectives of your organisation. In a tough economic climate, organisations that survive and prosper have a clear understanding of how best to acquire, retain and grow their customer base in ways that are aligned with the organisation’s strategic objectives. This online course will see delegates assessing, strengthening, and extending one of their own integrated and digital marketing plans, in order to apply learnings immediately to current business priorities.
Each of the 6 modules will include four hours live and interactive video-conference class sessions with the faculty and fellow delegates. Each live session class will involve deeper interrogation and shared learnings of key application frameworks and illustrative case studies, through large group and small group discussions. Each module will also include approximately one hour of asynchronous online work, such as readings, video materials, application exercises, and online class discussion thread responses and peer-collaboration. The programme will include regular reflections and assessment of learning, as well as a strong focus on application and the next steps for you and your organisation.
How you will benefit
On completion of this programme, you will have:
- Analysed the internal and external marketing environment to inform marketing plans;
- Developed measurable marketing goals that contribute directly to business results;
- Chosen a set of strategic initiatives involving target market selection, brand development, and positioning and value proposition choices;
- Planned appropriate product, pricing, channel, and communication tactics to support marketing strategies;
- Mapped and assessed organisational effectiveness factors to enhance marketing plan execution;
- Committed to a set of personalised learning follow-up actions for ongoing support;
- Been exposed to cutting-edge academic and practitioner thinking on how to best compete in today's tough environment; and
- Expanded your network of like-minded marketing professionals.
Key focus areas:
- Module 1: Nature of strategic marketing
- Module 2: Market sensing & intelligence
- Module 3: Marketing strategy development & refinement
- Module 4: Strategy execution & capabilities
- Module 5: Digital capabilities
- Module 6: Marketing effectiveness & returns.
Profile Michael Goldman is a member of the Adjunct Faculty at GIBS, teaching in a number of marketing-related themes, including marketing strategy & management, branding, and sponsorship. Since joining the business school in 2000 to launch the GIBS Forum, Michael has been an active teacher, ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.