Strategic Decision Making and Critical Reasoning (Leadership)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Jones Graduate School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Leaders are consistently charged with developing winning strategies and making high stakes decisions, but most are unaware of the cognitive biases and powerful emotions that often undermine strategic decision-making and critical reasoning. What’s more is that career success is often linked to competency in sound decision making. By identifying the most common biases, pitfalls and distortions in strategic decision making and critical reasoning along with the preventative and proactive measures associated with sound decision making, you will be equipped to successfully address high-stakes business challenges.
- Understand typical decision traps
- Understand the core elements of individual and group reasoning
- Increase ability to identify unconscious bias via role playing and personal assessment
- Learn how to balance constructive conflict and collaboration to enhance decision-making
- Improve decision process through a “decision register” to uncover factors that make your decision process vulnerable
- Learn to manage technical and commercial risk and uncertainty, and project evaluation
- Learn to make good decisions under pressure
- Brand yourself, your team, and your organization as sound decision makers
Who should attend
This two-day course is for leaders at all levels.