This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Harness the power of data analytics to surface opportunity, guide innovation, and frame complex decisions.
- Forecast probable outcomes of choices in unstable environments, and quantify risks and rewards.
- Hone your awareness of what matters to your bottom line, and transition from intuitive to data-driven thinking.
- Learn to recognize your unconscious preferences, and practice using logic to make smarter, healthier and more profitable decisions.
Lead your organization to leverage a strategic data analytics function to create exceptional value for your organization. Leverage powerful tools and techniques in data science--such as artificial intelligence and machine learning--to become more competitive and dynamic in the face of constant disruption.
Extract Value from Data Analytics
- Learn what it takes to develop a culture based on analytics and when intuition plays a part
- Understand how to frame complex decisions to facilitate the use of analytics
- Use analytics to drive innovation
Increase Confidence in Forecasting
- Use data visualization to enhance understanding of results and projections
- Understand how machine learning can improve accuracy forecasting capability
- Feel more confident in your organization's forecasting methods and processes
Gain Competitive Advantage
Map out your data analytics ecosystem, from business intelligence to competitive monitoring and determine how to apply them to key decision-making, such as your pricing strategy. Learn which data analytics tools best serve your needs.
- Recognizing the opportunities created by high volume and real time data
- Gathering intelligence for competitive advantage
- Responding in real time to market changes
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Closing the loop: from challenge to data analytics to solution(s)
- Leveraging and Building an effective Data Analytics team
- Overcoming organizational obstacles to the effective use of analytics
Who should attend
This program is designed for leaders who need to leverage data science to make their organization more competitive, identify opportunity and improve the quality of their decision-making amidst uncertainty and risk.
Trust the experts
Education: B.S., MBA, East Carolina University; Ph.D., Purdue University Robert Carraway teaches Quantitative Analysis courses in Darden's MBA program. Carraway has co-written a quantitative analysis case book as well as a number of papers and Darden cases on the topic. Carraway joined the Darde...
Education: B.S., James Madison University; M.S., Ph.D., Duke University Assistant Professor Michael Albert teaches Quantitative Analysis courses in Darden’s MBA program, and he has joint appointments in Systems Engineering and Computer Science in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (S...