Strategic CIO Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
This experiential programme will equip ambitious mid-career IT professionals for the challenging role of the CIO in today’s fast moving and complex world. They will develop an enterprise leadership mindset and learn to contribute at a strategic level. The focus is on building commercial acumen, strategic thinking and a deeper understanding of the role IT can play in addressing organisational challenges and creating customer value.
Prominent Business School faculty, IT executives and specialist facilitators share their knowledge, experience, practices and tools to empower participants to become effective CIOs and leaders within their organisations.
Live case studies bring to life the challenges of developing and delivering effective IT strategies and initiatives.
The programme is designed to be practical and relevant for future CIOs and their organisations – particularly those needing to improve the bench strength, depth and succession pipeline in their IT team.
Each module includes a mix of:
- Interactive workshops with senior Executive Education faculty
- Leading industry speakers
- Live case studies, simulations and participative exercises
- Peer group interaction
- Readings and thought leadership
- Application of learning to the participants’ businesses
- Work on strategic initiatives for the sponsoring organisations
- Participants will develop a view of who they want to be as CIO and the capability they need to develop to complete their journey.
- They will plan how they will develop themselves and their teams and create value for their organisations.
- Participants will strengthen their networks through interaction with their programme peers, guest speakers and programme faculty.
- Each participant will develop a business case for an initiative that is of strategic value to their organisation.
- Individuals are mentored by Advisory Group members, other industry leaders and faculty members.
Who should attend
- Currently be in an IT-based role that reports to the CIO, CEO or other member of the Executive team
- Have been identified as having potential to progress to the CIO or equivalent role within the next five years
- Have a minimum of five years of senior IT experience