Strategic Change & Renewal
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Strategic renewal and change is a constant necessity and reality of a successful organisation Strategic change within an organisation can be triggered from a variety of internal and external factors. In its simplest form, strategic change can be driven by deepening of an existing strategy. Even though the strategy stays the same, this seemingly simple deepening can cause disruption to other parts of the business as there will be a need to create, modify or discard existing competencies.
More complex cases of strategic change and renewal are triggered by diversification into new product categories, geographical expansion into new markets, growth initiatives, and industry disruption by shifts in technology, changing customer preferences and competitive dynamics. All of these demand major changes in a company’s relationships and capabilities and can quickly expose the boundaries of a successful strategy.
How can an organisation face these strategic changes and sustain advantage? How does an organisation identify alternative paths of change and renewal and decide on the right path? How does the organisation recognise and address the implementation challenges that come with the change? And how can the organisation keep the culture and values balance in the face of this change?
This two-day programme aims to help you design strategic renewal and change initiatives that will boost the organisations competitiveness and profitability. You will learn how to develop a strategic renewal plan that maps the reconfiguration of capabilities and key activities, with a close focus on the implementation of these challenges.
The programme is interactive, with discussions around real life examples combined with practical exercises that will help you to develop a framework for renewal and change in your own organisation or business unit. The programme iteratively moves between class discussion, small group brainstorming, and coaching and individual work on the renewal plan. In building your renewal plan, you will benefit from inputs from your participants and professor in multiple rounds. Thus, the programme makes the best of the diverse ideas and experiences in the classroom.
- Understanding when strategic change or renewal is essential, and how much resource and capability reconfiguration will be needed
- Assessing alternative paths of renewal to accomplish the reconfiguration and renewal
- Creating a strategic renewal business plan to map the changes in value proposition, capability configuration, and key processes
- Anticipating configurational and implementation challenges and factoring potential solutions into your plan
By the end of this two-day programme, you should be able to do:
- Develop a strategic renewal plan that maps and explains the reconfiguration of resources and capabilities, key activities, and processes
- Understand and articulate to others when and why strategic change and renewal are needed (or not) in a given situation
- Address configurational and implementation challenges with the strategic change
Who should attend
This programme is relevant to senior to mid-level managers and executives, founders, strategy directors, business development managers and consulting directors and professionals working in a wide range of industries.