Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Currently be in a senior finance or accounting role and report to the CFO or CEO (in larger organisations they may report to a direct report of the CFO)
- Have a minimum five years’ experience in finance management roles
- Have been identified with the potential to progress to CFO or equivalent role within the next five years
About the course
As the world of work changes rapidly, today’s CFO role is more complex than ever before. The cross-functional nature of the role sees CFOs driving transformation and being more proactive in influencing and leading change across the organisation. They act as catalysts, instilling a financial approach and mindset to not only equip their function with the right tools but collaborate across the business to drive success.
This experiential programme seeks to equip mid-career finance professionals with the skills to contribute at a strategic level, leading across their organisation to drive performance and make value-driven decisions. It is designed to be practical and relevant, and give finance leaders the tools to contribute at C-Suite level, both functionally and across business.
Each module includes a mix of:
- Interactive workshops with senior Executive Education faculty
- Leading industry speakers
- Live case studies and participative exercises
- Peer group interaction
- Readings and thought leadership
- Application of learning to the participants’ businesses
- Work on strategic initiatives for the sponsoring organisations
- Participants will develop a view of who they want to be as CFO and the capability they need to develop to complete their journey.
- They will plan how they will develop themselves and their teams and create value for their organisations.
- Participants will strengthen their networks through interaction with their programme peers, guest speakers and programme faculty.
- Each participant will develop recommendations and a business case for an initiative that is of strategic value to their organisation.
- Individuals are mentored by Advisopry Group members, other industry leaders and faculty members.
Jonathan Mason has 30 years of experience in financial management roles in the oil, chemicals, forest products, and dairy industries. Mr Mason was CFO of Fonterra Co-operative, CFO of Cabot Corporation (a Boston based chemical company), and CFO of Carter Holt Harvey. Mr Mason also served in senio...
Elizabeth George has an active research interest in non-standard work arrangements and diversity in the workplace. She has a PhD in Organisation Science from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a member of six international editorial boards and is an associate editor of the Academy of Manag...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.