Strategic CFO Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
This intensive, practically focused programme prepares mid-career finance professionals to step into a CFO role.
The focus is on how the finance function can contribute to the business at a strategic level.
Participants engage in a range of activities to develop an enterprise leadership mindset. They extend their capability for strategic thinking and effective decision-making. Participants also develop skills for communicating and collaborating with other business leaders.
Leading Executive Education faculty, industry guest speakers and live case studies help participants to explore the finance function’s role in leading business performance and enabling growth.
Each module includes a mix of:
- Interactive workshops with senior Executive Education faculty
- Leading industry speakers
- Live case studies and participative exercises
- Peer group interaction
- Readings and thought leadership
- Application of learning to the participants’ businesses
- Work on strategic initiatives for the sponsoring organisations
- Participants will develop a view of who they want to be as CFO and the capability they need to develop to complete their journey.
- They will plan how they will develop themselves and their teams and create value for their organisations.
- Participants will strengthen their networks through interaction with their programme peers, guest speakers and programme faculty.
- Each participant will develop recommendations and a business case for an initiative that is of strategic value to their organisation.
- Individuals are mentored by Advisopry Group members, other industry leaders and faculty members.
Who should attend
- Currently be in a senior finance or accounting role and report to the CFO or CEO (in larger organisations they may report to a direct report of the CFO)
- Have a minimum five years’ experience in finance management roles
- Have been identified with the potential to progress to CFO or equivalent role within the next five years