Strategic Business Planning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kelley School of Business.Full disclaimer.
In this two-day executive course from Kelley, you’ll take a deep dive into the various models, tools, and frameworks that lead to effective strategic business planning.
Do you have a strategy for identifying and owning your market position?
Differentiating your organization’s strategic position relies on one imperative mission: searching for the right plan of action. The right plan of action will not only help you develop your competitive advantage, but enhance it.
This is the heart of strategic business planning.
For any company, the search for an effective strategic plan is an iterative process that should start with recognizing the position you already own, and how you got there. Intuitively, this approach makes sense: reaching new heights demands that we understand our current station.
For business leaders, it’s an approach that requires the steadfast ability to do two things: objectively analyze your internal and external environments to find new insights, and then translate those insights into actionable strategy.
Discover how to effectively differentiate your organization’s strategic position with these time-tested best practices.
In this two-day course you’ll take a deep dive into the various models, tools, and frameworks that lead to effective strategic business planning.
In an engaging and dynamic learning environment, you will study how companies across various industries implement strategic best practices to out-pace the competition. Every lesson and conversation will be structured around how to apply the same best practices to your own organizational situation.
You’ll also learn how to perform a situational assessment of your competitive landscape to develop new insights, and how to funnel those insights through time-tested methodologies to solve complex business problems and gain a sustainable competitive foothold in your market.
Learning outcomes: what you'll take back to the office
In this two-day course, you will:
- Examine common elements of strategic planning across industries
- Practice techniques for identifying and developing your core competencies
- Evaluate how strategic best practices can solve complex business problems
- Discover why every organization should be able to answer the “Why” question
- Focus on the ability to analyze external and internal environments to extract actionable insights
- Develop techniques for forecasting macro trends in your competitive market
- Understand the important role of self-analysis in developing a sustainable competitive advantage
- Identify the markers of direct competitor and industry boundaries
- Walk away with a variety of approaches for strategic implementation
Who should attend
This course is for any entrepreneur, executive, director, manager, or leader who wants to define and enhance their organization’s competitive advantage by using proven best practices for strategic business planning.