Strategic Business Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard DCE.Full disclaimer.
This program introduces you to the basic concepts and tools of strategic business management. We cover the overall framework within which managers make decisions. Next, you explore the notion of strategy and how it relates to competitive advantage.
You discover different strategic tools to evaluate environmental threats and opportunities, including the industry competitive forces analysis. You learn how to identify company strengths and weaknesses and how to develop competencies. Finally, you study the strategic positioning of a company in its industry and the necessary factors responsible for strategy execution.
Note: the course was previously titled Fundamentals of Strategy.
- Develop the skills to perform external and internal analyses for companies and to evaluate the dynamics of competition
- Build strategies using appropriate frameworks and tools
- Understand the basics of strategy implementation and control
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Strategic management
- Competitive advantage
- External analysis
- Internal analysis
- Competitive positioning and business strategy
- Strategy implementation
Who should attend
Business owners or employers from any industry who are interested in developing the skills needed to analyze and create strategy. There are no prerequisites, but a basic understanding of management and accounting principles is desired.