Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Managers who oversee a product or service division
- Managers with brand management responsibilities
- Managers wishing to learn how strong branding strategies impact customer loyalty, competitive differentiation and profitability
- Business development managers
- Product and brand specialists
- Advertising and communications managers
- Strategic planners
- Agency executives and account managers
About the course
Research shows that a strong brand can contribute up to 80 per cent to overall sales.
This world-class program gives you the skills to contribute meaningfully to ongoing marketing decision-making and the strategic branding of your organization’s products and services.
Whether you are in marketing, sales or business planning, a customer’s perception of your company and its brands can change very quickly. This course will give you the advanced branding strategies to constantly reinforce your message and put your company ahead of the competition.
This is an ideal marketing program for any business leader who wants to better understand the principles of branding and study advanced strategies to measure, develop, extend, and manage brands at the product and corporate level.
What You Will Learn
- Key branding definitions all managers should know
- What is ‘brand equity’ and the critical building blocks to assure brand equity power
- The link between building strong brands and firm financial performance
- New ways to create strong brand associations with your target customers
- Qualitative and quantitative tools to measure the health of your brands
- How to build strong brands: a 5-step process
- Communicating brands using all elements of the marketing mix
- How to position your products and services for improved sales
- Evaluating your corporate branding strategy
- Brand revitalization strategies to ensure lasting brand power
A Complete Learning Approach
- Review the 10 stages of brand relationships
- Work on your own brand plan using a five-step planning process
- Interactive participant exercise: developing your positioning pyramid
- Brand image, brand identity, brand equity: how do they all come together?
- Why do customers buy brands? The power that comes from building strong, identifiable brands
- How brand messages impact marketing effectiveness, customer loyalty and sales
Measuring the Health of Your Brand
- Qualitative and quantitative tools to measure brand health
- Using digital strategies to measure brand health
- Using a brand report card to elevate the importance of branding in your organization
Building Strong Brands to Differentiate Yourself from the Competition
- Defining what business you are in and developing your brand’s identity
- Understanding the difference between core and potential products
- Positioning your brand to set yourself apart from the competition
Branding in a Digital World
- Implications of digital and social media for brand managers
- Implementing brand identity using the marketing mix
- How to engage customers with digital marketing
Revitalizing Your Brand
- Brand extension strategies: opportunities and challenges
- How to avoid brand disruption by digital and competitive forces
- Strategies to keep your brand vital with your customers
Participants will create a customized brand plan using a 5-step process and receive one-to-one instructor feedback during the program.
Biography Ajay is a senior marketing professor at Schulich. His research has won awards internationally. Ajay is the author of three books including: Marketing Led – Sales Driven: How Successful Businesses Use The Power Of Marketing Plans And Sales Execution To Win In The Marketplace and Marketin...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.