Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Those with the ability to initiate change in their organisations or business units
- Those responsible for or who contribute significantly to the development and implementation of brand building strategies
- Entrepreneurs and executives wishing to broaden their strategic horizons in terms of brand management
About the course
A strong brand has been the primary strategic asset for firms, and therefore building a strong brand is becoming a central component of a firm's marketing strategy.
However, brand building is always a challenging endeavour, especially in the social media era, as it requires managers to have deep insights on consumer psychology, market competitive dynamics, opportunities and threats associated with social media, and their own organisational culture and capabilities.
On this programme you will get new insights into strategic branding. The Cambridge Approach is an innovation in thinking about branding, compared to traditional interpretations. We call this Strategic Branding 2.0.
This fundamental shift has two key components:
- Branding has to be based on delivering on the promises made to customers as part of the value proposition
- A focus on the strategic creation and execution of a branding chain; a shift from 'truth in advertising' to 'truth in delivering the promised value proposition'
This programme deals with the brand building strategies and process. To be more specific, the topics covered in the programme include:
- Understanding the essence of a brand and branding
- How to build a strong brand
- Brand positioning
- Choosing brand elements
- Communicating the brand
- Branding challenges in the social media era
- Social media strategies for brand building
- Brand equity measurement techniques
- Managing brand portfolios
- Dealing with brand crises
- Using high-tech for brand building
- Understand the essence of brand and brand building
- Learn about the effective strategies and best practices in branding
- Get a comprehensive understanding of brand building frameworks
- Develop a deep understanding on brand positioning
- Learn about how to measure brand equity
- Develop skills for establishing a brand management system
University Senior Lecturer in Marketing Director of the MPhil in Management Programme Fellow of St Edmund''s College BSc (Jilin University), MA (West Virginia University), PhD (University of Southern California) Research interests New product growth in high-tech industries; internationalisati...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.