Who should attend
- Seeking to develop their strategic awareness
- Looking to gain an integrated understanding of their business system
- High-potential professionals who want to increase their business acumen
About the course
Get the real-world skills to make informed business decisions, drive performance and create winning strategies.
Develop strategic awareness of your organisation at an enterprise level to make better business decisions.
With case studies and simulation exercises that show the key challenges that leaders face around resource allocation, our Strategic Awareness and Business Acumen course is for mid-career professionals who want to increase the impact of their work.
You will learn how to understand strategy as a series of choices and trade-offs, question your business model, leverage trends and perform industry and competitor analysis.
Sharpen your strategic thinking
- Learn to formulate a strategy
- Identify your sustainable competitive advantage
- Understand your strategy choices and tradeoffs
- Analyse your competitive environment
Develop your business acumen
- Gain an enterprise-wide perspective
- Build strategic aptitude
- Assess investment opportunities
- Build winning business models and leverage trends
Become a strategic leader
- Lead as a change maker
- Develop decision-making skills
- Improve influencing and negotiation skills
- Collaborate and communicate effectively
Strategy in a competitive marketplace
- Discover tactics to help you forge and execute advanced business strategies successfully
Business models and strategic choices
- Understand what strategy is and how to make more effective choices in developing and evaluating your business model
Analysing the competitive environment
- Learn how to leverage your relative marketplace to gain financial and competitive advantages
Leading across functions
- Improve the way you communicate and collaborate with peers to be a more strategic and effective leader
Brandon Lee joined Melbourne Business School in 2014 and is currently Associate Professor of Business Strategy. Upon completing his PhD in Organisational Behaviour at Cornell University, Brandon was an Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at London Business School. Brandon’s res...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.