Who should attend
- Mid-to-senior level managers
- High potential managers
- Business managers responsible for innovation, change or IT projects
About the course
Finding solutions where ambiguity rules
Today’s business problems are increasingly impossible to define, let alone solve. Wicked problems have the highest levels of uncertainty and ambiguity, but can also yield the most value.
Wicked problems are characterised by confusion, multiple stakeholders, discord and lack of progress. They often can morph with every attempt to address them.
This program focuses on developing the competencies you will need to manage wicked problems. It will teach you how to use a creative mindset that will help you to stand out in your field.
- Learn from industry experts with extensive business and corporate strategy experience
- Develop creative mindset, abilities and techniques to stand out in your field
- Build capacity to evaluate situations and solve difficult problems
This program will challenge current business assumptions, and show you how to use creative approaches to solving difficult problems. You will learn how to unlock the value in ‘fuzzy’ and frustrating spaces, facilitating a mindset shift to a more flexible way of working.
You will learn to:
- Identify and understand the dynamics of different classes of problem
- Anticipate barriers to solving wicked problems
- Understand the mindset and abilities needed to operate effectively in this space
- Practice pragmatic tools and techniques to navigate ambiguity with greater confidence
- Become more flexible and resourceful in how you think, respond and lead
What you'll learn
- Three levels of problem: distinctions and dynamics
- The power of ambiguity
- Introduction to the creative approach to fuzzy problems
- Creative tools and techniques
- Defaults and triggers
- Managing stakeholders
- The way forward
Karen’s passion lies in developing purpose led strategies for organisations and community. A senior leader across multiple disciplines including Customer Experience, Innovation, Marketing, Product Management, New Product Development, Sales and Operations in the Corporate market. Karen’s track re...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.