Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Airport general managers, airport executives with a role in strategy planning or air service development
- Airline route development and marketing managers
- Tourism officials with a responsibility for air service development
- Civil aviation authorities
- Other government agencies and departments
About the course
AirBusiness Academy is proud to partner with Aviation Strategies International Institute (ASI-I) in the design, development and deployment of this course dedicated to executives within airports and airlines.
As a full member of ICAO TRAINAIR Plus, ASI-I has successfully developed and implemented the global ACI-ICAO Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme worldwide for the past decade.
ASI-I's valuable experience paired with our innovative learning approach through serious gaming will ensure an interactive, dynamic session that incorporates Network Manager, an engaging route network simulation, group case studies, as well as discovery and active learning principles.
This common initiative derives from one main finding: In Air Service Development, airports and airlines share a common strategic perspective to maximise traffic and revenue. We strongly believe that with this shared perspective, airports and airlines can find the opportunity to work together towards a more efficient and mutally benificial business relationship.
How will I benefit?
- Understand the strategies, drivers and constraints from both an airline and airport perspective
- Become better prepared to be engaged as stakeholders
- Gain a deep knowledge of the issues in Air Service Development
- Increase your ability to achieve win-win ASD agreements
What does the course cover?
- Building the Foundation – the strategies of airlines and airports, baseline data and market research
- Managing the Status Quo – the importance of optimising airline profitability
- Rethinking the Network – the demand-driven network and the steps in Air Service Development
- Developing a New Route/Frequency – successful ASD proposals and negotiation
- Changing the Game – the impact of shifting hubs
- Building the Airline-Airport Relationship – SLAs, airport capital program development