Strategic Agility in Practice: Value Innovation for Academic Differentiation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Teachers College Columbia University.Full disclaimer.
This two-day experiential workshop provides participants with the tools and practices to effectively apply strategic thinking for institutional learning and creating innovative solutions that establish a sustainable advantage for their learning institutions.
The challenges of thinking and executing strategically have perhaps never been as pervasive as they are now. In today's organizational environment characterized by intensifying change, uncertainty, and ambiguity, how do organizations create value in their rapidly changing environments?
This two-day program provides participants with the tools and practices to effectively apply strategic thinking for organizational learning and creating innovative solutions that establish a sustainable advantage for their organizations. The participants will leave with an enhanced ability and practical tools to apply these practices in their organizations.
Built around frameworks tested and applied in a range of organizational and institutional settings, this program develops participants for applying key strategic learning tools and practices for creating strategic insights, identifying the most important stakeholder or member of the stakeholder value chain, and fostering alignment for leading strategic change.
SESSION TOPICS will include:
- The implications of complexity and ambiguity for strategic thinking and innovation
- Problems when organizations do not think strategically
- Overcoming the paradox of experience: Key strategic learning practices
- Understanding the real competitive advantage
- Strategic Visualization and Innovation
- The importance of understanding an organization’s value chain in developing effective strategies
- Moving from a strategic mindset to organizational innovation, alignment, and strategy execution
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Integrating strategic learning tools into existing organizational structures of K-12 schools
During the program you will learn and experience:
- An improved capability for using strategic thinking tools and practices
- Building enhanced capacity for strategic alignment
- An approach for leading strategic conversations
- Identifying the Most Important Stakeholder in your organization's Value Chain
- A method for determining your organization's Value Curve to identify your strategic Elements of Performance
- Finding your Strategic Mindset Skills and Competencies
- Assessing your organization's strategic innovation culture
Key Takeaways include:
- Enhanced capacity to think strategically and to learn from experience
- Practical tools for thinking strategically and overcoming organizational barriers to gaining alignment and execution
- Heightened observation and questioning capability to reveal strategic opportunities
- A strategic mindset for creating breakthrough innovation and proving stakeholders value
Who should attend
This program is for high potential leaders, including Principals, Superintendents, Administrators, and Executive Directors, in positions requiring enhanced strategic thinking or who are transitioning into new roles requiring them to move from making tactical to strategic decisions in an institutional environment of increasing complexity and ambiguity.