Who should attend
This program is for leaders at all levels who wish to complement their leadership communication skills with storytelling.
About the course
Tell Compelling Stories that Engage and Inspire People
Stories build rapport and connection in ways that facts and information do not. When we share stories, we engage the emotions and imagination of others to help them see things differently—and act differently as a result.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this intensive one-day program will help you use storytelling as a powerful leadership tool. Tap into the stories you have within you and use them to authentically inspire and motivate your audiences.
The interactive format facilitates social learning. You will have opportunities to network with your peers and to apply, test and receive feedback on the skills you are learning.
™Trademark of The Humphrey Group Inc.
Benefits for you
- Gain the courage to tell your stories on a daily basis
- Determine the right moment to use storytelling
- Identify relevant stories from your unique experiences to tell in the moment
- Think quickly on your feet to craft stories for a variety of stakeholders
- Structure a compelling anecdote
- Use your presence to develop an authentic connection with stakeholders
Session 1: Storytelling as a Leadership Tool
Pre-work learning: Inspire podcast episode – why every leader must be a storyteller
Real-time online session: Finding and creating your own stories
Post-session work: Crafting your personal story
- Clarifying your purpose and audience, tapping into your unique stories, using The Story Script to create your story
Session 2: Telling Stories that Engage and Inspire
Pre-work reading: How stories change the brain
Real-time online session: Sharing your story
- Using language to paint a vivid picture, classic storytelling techniques, telling stories authentically by building on your strengths
In Between Sessions 2 & 3: Thirty minutes of individualized coaching with the program instructor
- Developing your voice to convey emotion
- Using your presence to connect with people
Session 3: Making Stories Part of your Every-Day Leadership Tool Kit
Pre-work video: TED Talk – The danger of a single story
Real-time online session: Storytelling in the moment
- Identifying opportunities to tell stories, selecting a story to suit your objective, weaving stories into your conversations
This workshop emphasizes practical, applied learning. You will engage in activities designed to develop your storytelling skill set, and you will receive individual feedback from the program instructor.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.