Who should attend
This program is for leaders at all levels who wish to complement their leadership communication skills with storytelling.
About the course
Tell Compelling Stories that Engage and Inspire People
Stories build rapport and connection in ways that facts and information do not. When we share stories, we engage the emotions and imagination of others to help them see things differently—and act differently as a result.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this intensive one-day program will help you use storytelling as a powerful leadership tool. Tap into the stories you have within you and use them to authentically inspire and motivate your audiences.
™Trademark of The Humphrey Group Inc.
Benefits for you
- Use storytelling as an effective leadership tool, and hone your storytelling skill set
- Structure a compelling anecdote
- Identify the right moment for a story
- Employ language and classic narrative techniques to hold the room
- Tell your stories with an engaging energy that inspires listeners
- Craft stories in-the-moment for a variety of audiences and situations
- Storytelling as a leadership tool: when and why to use storytelling, tapping into your unique stories, sharing a story about yourself and your challenges as a storyteller
- Creating a story script: using The Story Spine to create a story in five sentences, elaborating your story spine to suit the audience and the opportunity, using The Story Spine as a guide to create your own story
- Literary language: using description to paint a vivid picture, creating metaphors, classic storytelling techniques, exercises to enhance the language of your stories
- Delivering your story with presence: telling stories authentically by building on your strengths, developing your voice to convey emotion, using your body
- Putting storytelling into action: identifying opportunities to tell stories, selecting a story to suit your objective, strategies for weaving stories into your conversations, creating stories on the fly
This program emphasizes practical, applied learning. You will engage in small-group activities designed to develop your storytelling skill set, and you will receive individual feedback from the instructor.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.