Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Tell Compelling Stories that Engage and Inspire People
Stories build rapport and connection in ways that facts and information do not. When we share stories, we engage the emotions and imagination of others to help them see things differently—and act differently as a result.
This intensive one-day course will help you use storytelling as a powerful leadership tool. Tap into the stories you have within you and use them to authentically inspire and motivate your audiences.
™Trademark of The Humphrey Group Inc.
- Understand the purpose of storytelling and how to use it as an effective leadership tool
- Structure a compelling anecdote
- Identify the right moment for a story
- Use language and classic narrative techniques to hold the room
- Tell your stories with a dynamic and engaging physical presence Craft stories in-the-moment for a variety of audiences and situations
- Storytelling as a leadership tool: when and why to use storytelling, tapping into your unique stories, sharing a story about yourself and your challenges as a storyteller
- The story spine: identifying your message, creating a story in five sentences, suiting your story to the audience, using the story spine as a guide to create your own story
- Literary language: painting a vivid picture, creating metaphors, classic storytelling techniques, exercises to enhance the language of your stories
- Engaging delivery: telling stories authentically by building on your strengths, developing your voice to convey emotion, using your body
- Storytelling improv: improvisation techniques, bringing your story to life with energy and charisma, weaving stories into your day-to day conversations, guided practice in creating stories on the fly
This course emphasizes practical, applied learning. You will engage in small-group activities designed to develop your storytelling skill set, and you will receive individual feedback from the course instructor.
Who should attend
This course is for leaders at all levels who wish to complement their leadership communication skills with storytelling.