Who should attend
This course is aimed for those whose responsibility is to activate or manage sponsorship for their organisations
About the course
At the strategic level, sponsorship deals can improve brand awareness and deepen target audience engagement. Developing successful long-term sponsorship depends on finding a mutually beneficial balance between a company’s brand and the sponsor’s assets.
Even the most established sponsorship strategies, such as those involving sports teams and personalities, require careful consideration of the approach, contracts, content, delivery and contingency arrangements.
This course explores a wide range of sponsorship activation models which have become a key part of global brand strategy development for major brands. The course will also examine the latest sponsorship trends, such as the effect of COVID on budgets, live events and the drive to develop digital-first strategies.
We will cover both the perspective from organisations wishing to achieve marketing objectives by sponsoring properties, as well as those who have assets for which they wish to find sponsors. This is a highly practical course, including case studies and in-depth exercises.
- The role of sponsorship in brand strategy
- Understand what sponsors are looking for
- Identify how to create value and record assets
- Develop skills to find and approach potential sponsors
- How to create a targeted, compelling sponsorship pitch
- How brands use sports sponsorship to reach and engage audiences
- Understand the new world of ‘influencer’ sponsorship
- Master the essentials of sponsorship investment and activation
- Skills to manage and develop sponsorship relationships
Richard John is a management and meetings consultant, industry trainer and speaker and event journalist, with nearly 3 decades of sales, marketing, and management experience, working with a host of international organizations. He is also Chief Operating Officer of Realise, who were pioneers in d...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.