Social Media Professional Certificate
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Graziadio School of Business and Management.Full disclaimer.
Social media have revolutionized how we do business. With the right expertise, they have the potential to revolutionize your career. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that careers involving social media are projected to increase 24 percent through 2018. With social media marketers earning an average annual salary of $82,000, according to Simply Hired, understanding social media can be critical to higher earning potential.
Pepperdine University is proud to offer a Social Media Professional Certificate. This self-paced online program is designed to introduce professionals to business applications of social media communication and strategy.
- Guiding principles for social media marketing
- Understanding social objects, paid media, earned media, owned media and content curation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Optimization
- Traditional, real-time and social searches
- Identifying your target audience
- Identifying and building your tribe
- Content creation and calendaring
- Social media campaign monitoring
- Creating a social media project plan
Who should attend
The Social Media Professional Certificate is designed for:
The Social Media Professional Certificate is designed for beginners as well as those with some familiarity looking to gain in-depth knowledge. Students will learn how to control social media to build and extend brand awareness, better service current customers and leverage social media for new customers. Individuals who complete the course will be prepared for roles including social media specialist, digital media project manager and online community manager.
A standalone program, the Social Media Professional Certificate is comprised of two courses, each designed to be completed in six weeks for a total expected duration of three months:
- Understanding Social Media
- Planning and Implementing Digital Media Campaigns