Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rutgers Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Social media has become fully integrated into the way we communicate on a daily basis, professionally as well as personally. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms are immediate and powerful ways to reach customers–and for them to communicate back. But to fully leverage the power of social media requires the ability to navigate among the wide range of platforms, and determine which are relevant to your organization. Without a solid understanding of the breadth of tools available, it is easy to feel compelled to be present on all of them, yet effective on none.
Our Mini-MBA in Social Media Marketing will empower you to approach this ever-expanding suite of platforms strategically, not just tactically. This program is designed to position you as a leader—navigating the landscape of social media tools, but also understanding other important inputs (such as influencer engagement, social listening and content development) to gain a more holistic understanding of this space. Your ability to synthesize your social media marketing initiatives with your broader marketing goals will improve how you direct your team’s decision making, and collaborate with others across your organization.
- Learn to strategize, not just manage tasks. Better assess your needs and align the right channels with your business goals.
- A curriculum focused on maximizing social media for real-world business purposes, taught by experienced industry leaders that will permanently broaden your network.
- Learn in a rigorous university environment and earn a program certificate as well as academic credits that can be applied toward future education goals.
- Approach social media as a strategist. Identify the individual assets of each tool and integrate them with other digital marketing efforts.
- Become a more effective partner to colleagues who leverage social media marketing by identifying measurable goals. Better track company-wide activities as a cohesive organizational effort.
- Make more informed planning and budget decisions based on quantifiable data. Articulate social media marketing goals to decision makers in terms of bottom-line impact.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program will address the most essential topics to achieving social media marketing success. A sampling of these topics include:
- Listening tools and tactics to stay on top of the social conversation
- Identifying the platforms most important for your business
- Influencer engagement and the power of content
- Launching paid media campaigns in the growing social advertising space
- Quantifying and measuring the return on your social media investment
Who should attend
If you are an experienced marketing professional with a high-level understanding of social media marketing, this program will offer you the opportunity to enhance and deepen your existing knowledge in order to amplify social media effectiveness. If you have limited experience with leveraging social media for corporate marketing outcomes, our Mini-MBA in Social Media Marketing will provide the foundation to build and implement a social strategy–grounded in practical industry insights–for your company or organization.
Trust the experts
Stacy Smollin Schwartz
Stacy is a marketing leader who enthusiastically brings her 20+ years of industry experience into the classroom. For Rutgers Business School, she teaches introductory marketing classes (including mega-sections) and digital marketing courses to both undergraduates and MBAs. She also develops and l...
Author of the acclaimed book on internet marketing, Do It Wrong Quickly, on the heels of the best-selling Search Engine Marketing, Inc., Mike Moran led many initiatives on IBM's website for eight years, including IBM's original search marketing strategy. Mike also serves as a senior strategist wi...
A forerunner in tech revolutions for 20 years, innovation speaker and specialist Christina “CK” Kerley steers B2B and B2C executives through the sweeping set of emerging tech and trends that are transforming our world today… and those igniting the strategies, brands, and business models of tomorr...
Tim Peter helps companies put the web to work to grow their business. He has worked since 1995 developing innovative e-commerce and internet marketing programs across multiple industries. Prior to launching Tim Peter & Associates, LLC, a full-service e-commerce and internet marketing consulti...
Mark is co-founder and president of Blue Focus Marketing, a social branding consultancy that was awarded the 2012 MarketingSherpa Reader’s Choice Award for Best Social Media Marketing blog. Mark is also the co-author of the best seller The Social Employee: How Great Companies Make Social Media Wo...