About the course
This course focuses on developing and strengthening a social media voice – one that communicates effectively with patients and team members, emphasizes the safety of personal information, and uses marketing principles to benefit the organization and people involved.
- The key communities and channels (closed, public, and enterprise) physician leaders can use to strengthen communication
- The ways strong networking and team-based care can potentially improve patient outcomes
- The importance of professional management and data privacy in today's always-on society
- Opportunities for marketing and heightened patient awareness through social media
- Identify the importance of social media and its impact on physician leadership.
- Explore the key public, closed and enterprise channels and communities relative to health care professionals.
- Recognize the potential for improvements to patient outcomes through the use of networking and team-based care.
- Review the importance of professional management and privacy of data in today’s always-on society.
- Outline the opportunities in social media for marketing and patient awareness of an organization.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.