About the course
Get a Solid Foundation in Social Media Issues, Opportunities and Tools
This course provides a comprehensive look at social media within a business context. Discover the dynamics that are driving online communications. Explore a range of social media channels and tools, and evaluate the opportunities and potential challenges of each. Embrace the power of social media to boost community engagement and achieve organizational objectives.
Benefits for you
- Learn best practices for primary social media platforms
- Navigate thorny issues like risk, security and privacy
- Explore mechanisms for increasing visibility, trust and engagement
- Develop a social media toolkit
- Brand consistently while respecting the norms of each social channel
- Integrate social media with other marketing initiatives
- Social media principles: benefits and opportunities, risks, security and privacy issues, identity, personal branding and reputation management
- Community and sharing: building relationships and engaging online communities, brand voice, sourcing content (social news and bookmarking, blogs, podcasts, RSS and newsreaders)
- Social media channels and best practices: blogging, rich media sharing (YouTube, Instagram, etc.), live video (Periscope, Facebook Live, etc.), messaging (Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, etc.), social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), twitter, location-based services (Foursquare/Swarm, etc.)
- Developing and managing your social media ecosystem and governance: social search and social listening, analytics, integrating with other marketing initiatives, social media tools
The course includes a survey of how various types of organizations are using social media differently to achieve their goals.
On a mission to help people make smart technology decisions. Experience in broadcasting, content production, training, Web design & development, marketing, communications, PR, and business development. Team player and natural leader. Highly adaptable to various industries and work environmen...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.