Social Media Essentials
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Get a Solid Foundation in Social Media Issues, Opportunities and Tools
This course provides a comprehensive look at social media within a business context. Discover the dynamics that are driving online communications. Explore a range of social media channels and tools, and evaluate the opportunities and potential challenges of each. Embrace the power of social media to boost community engagement and achieve organizational objectives.
What you will learn
- Learn best practices for primary social media platforms
- Navigate thorny issues like risk, security and privacy
- Explore mechanisms for increasing visibility, trust and engagement
- Develop a social media toolkit
- Brand consistently while respecting the norms of each social channel
- Integrate social media with other marketing initiatives
- Social media principles: benefits and opportunities, risks, security and privacy issues, identity, personal branding and reputation management
- Community and sharing: building relationships and engaging online communities, brand voice, sourcing content (social news and bookmarking, blogs, podcasts, RSS and newsreaders)
- Social media channels and best practices: blogging, rich media sharing (YouTube, Instagram, etc.), live video (Periscope, Facebook Live, etc.), messaging (Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, etc.), social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), twitter, location-based services (Foursquare/Swarm, etc.)
- Developing and managing your social media ecosystem and governance: social search and social listening, analytics, integrating with other marketing initiatives, social media tools
The course includes a survey of how various types of organizations are using social media differently to achieve their goals.