Who should attend
This course is for social media / community managers, campaigners, PRs, journalists, digital marketers and start-up entrepreneurs who already use social media for business and want to integrate data and analytics into their campaigns.
About the course
This advanced course will empower you to deliver and measure data-driven social media campaigns.
Everybody recognises the importance of social media for business, but showing a measurable return on investment can be tricky. With a focus on measurable data this course will teach you how you can use in-platform social media analytics and Google Analytics to see how people find your content and how they interact with you. You will also look at ways of responding to analytics in real time, adapting your campaign for maximum impact.
This course will help you build compelling arguments for stakeholders, budget-holders and clients.
The course is taught through tutor demos and practical exercises. At every stage of the class there will be the opportunity to discuss your current work and share ideas with the group.
- Building an understanding of your audience through data
- Responding to analytics - how do you adapt your campaign in real time
- Google Analytics: Acquisition, Behaviour, Conversion
- Social media analytics - in-platform analytics alongside third party social media management platforms
- Measuring a campaign's return on investment (ROI)
- Presenting Data
The main channels covered:
- Google Analytics
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a campaign using Google Analytics
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a campaign using social media analytics
- Discover how people find your site and pages and how they interact with you
- Present a compelling argument for investment in social media in marketing budgets
- Select the most appropriate social media channels for your business
- Understand the relationship between data and social media marketing
- Tailor your campaigns based on real time data
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.