Social Intelligence for Leaders - How to be a Positive Influence in the People You Lead
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Leaders are the backbone of an organisation and without effective leaders an organisation is doomed to fail and disappear. To be an effective leader you need to possess more than the relevant body of knowledge and experience. Effective and result-oriented leadership demand that a leader need to be socially intelligent in being able to develop meaningful relationship with his/her staff and having a high sense of empathy and a practical concept of social responsibility. This is important today as without social intelligence leaders will be unable to ride the waves of uncertainty when the organisation that they lead hits a rut. The return on your investment in attending this course is that you will become more socially intelligent which in turn will make you like a magnet of positivity where people will gravitate towards you for inspiration, and see you as a role model to be more productive and effective.
- Remove self-deception and increase self-awareness as a leader
- Reflect on past actions and adapt for the future
- Become an inspirational role model and motivate others
- Influence your staff to perform with their heart
- Create a positive environment by catching people doing things right
- Create a happy and positive workplace that people will always want to be part of
- Engage your staff to rise to challenges and perform at their peak
- What is Social Intelligence and why it is important for leaders?
- Understand how we respond to other people’s views.
- Developing empathy with active listening
- Seek to understand before being understood
- The power of positive influence
- How to defuse tension by soothing words that moves people
- Develop meaningful relationship by catching people doing things right
- Creating a workable action plan to become a more socially intelligent leader for personal and organisational success
This is an action-oriented workshop comprising of personality profiling, group discussions and role-play.
Who should attend
- Senior and middle management staff
- Any staff involved in training and innovation process within organisations