Who should attend
The programme is designed for high performing managers/executives in SMEs who have the potential to be groomed to become senior managers to take on leadership roles.
Participants should preferably have a minimum qualification of ‘A’ levels or Diploma with exceptions only for deserving candidates and minimum 5 years of work experience, and be in a management role (responsible for other people).
About the course
As small and medium enterprises grow and compete in their market, managers in these companies are compelled to develop and sharpen their competencies. Increasing demands on leaders require wide-ranging and up-to-date skills, coupled with a strategic perspective on business opportunities and challenges.
SME@Nanyang is a leadership programme specially designed to help high potential, mid-level managers enhance their competencies, business acumen, strategic mindset and business network. These will empower them to progress to senior management roles and create value for their companies.
- Develop and sharpen decision making and leadership skills of mid-level managers in SMEs to take on a higher leadership role in the organisation.
- Develop a strategic mindset towards business opportunities and challenges presented to grow an SME.
- Discover how to conduct HR planning and talent management in a systematic manner.
- Learn how to apply finance and accounting tools for business decision making, as well as financial ratios for evaluating the business.
The programme is divided into 3 modules, each of 2 to 3 days, conducted 3 to 4 weeks apart.
It covers topics such as, competitive business strategy, finance, marketing, entrepreneurial thinking, operations and supply chain management. This design minimizes time away from your business, while allowing for reflection, practice, and application of new ideas between every session.
- Systematic HR planning and talent management
- Moving from a "Manager" to a "Leader"
- Technology-driven Marketing
Segment 3 - Business model innovation
- Finance and accounting tools for business decision-making, working capital management and using financial ratios to evaluate business
- Strategy: insightful strategic perspectives to grow an SME
Final Project Presentation (Group Project)
- Order of modules may change according to faculty’s availability
Clive holds a PhD in small business management and Master of Business Research from UWA (University of Western Australia) and an MBA from Nanyang Business School, NTU. He teaches Strategic Management in NTU since 2003 and had been the course leader. Clive is an Advisory Board member of a Strategy...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.