Smart Production Systems
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The College of Engineering: Integrative Systems + Design.Full disclaimer.
Increase your manufacturing productivity by utilizing a Smart Production System (SPS). An SPS is a production system capable of self-diagnosing and designing optimal continuous improvement projects.
This 2-day course introduces participants to the SPS technology, discusses the methods for SPS design, analysis, and utilization, and illustrates SPS operation using three production systems: automotive underbody assembly system (large volume manufacturing), LED street light manufacturing (mid-size enterprise), and hot-dip galvanization plant (small manufacturer).
The course will include lab sessions intended to provide the participants with hands-on experience in computational tools developed for PMA-based SPS programming and operation.
- Understand Smart Production Systems—including their architecture, infrastructure, and utilization in large, mid-size, and small manufacturing organizations
- Understand Industry 4.0 technology and its connection with SPS (in the framework of one of Industry 4.0 emphases - Smart Manufacturing)
- Gain working knowledge of SPS computational tools, namely, Production Systems Engineering Toolbox and its major component, Programmable Manufacturing Advisor
- Learn about the operation of three specific smart production systems: Automotive Underbody Assembly, LED Streetlight Manufacturing, and Hot-Dip Galvanization Operation
Day 1- SPS Fundamentals Morning (3.5 hours):
- SPS definition, architecture, and infrastructure
- SPS connections with Industry 4.0 and with productivity improvement
- SPS analytical foundation: Production Systems Engineering
- Lab session: SPS computational foundation-1 PSE Toolbox
Afternoon (3.5 hours):
- Information Unit of SPS
- Analytics Unit of SPS
- Optimization Unit of SPS
- Lab session: SPS computational foundation-2 SPS Programmable Manufacturing Advisor
Day 2- SPS Design, Operation, and Performance Verification
Morning (3.5 hours):
- SPS design
- Smart LED production system
- Smart automotive underbody assembly system
- Smart hot-dip galvanization system
Afternoon (3.5 hours):
- Design of SPS for production systems of interest to course participants
- Lab session: Programming PMA-based SPS for production systems of interest to course participants
- Discussion, Q&A, and course wrap-up
Who should attend
This course is ideal for managers, designers, and engineers in the following industries: automotive, furniture, electronics and appliances.