Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification is being successfully employed by leaders in all service industries – from financial services, hospitality and high-tech to healthcare and government services. This training and certification program will benefit vice-presidents and directors in service-based organizations, service and operations managers, engineering managers, organizational trainers and quality managers, continuous improvement specialists, project managers, business analysts, managers and executives.
About the course
Become proficient in the principles, tools and methods required by a Six Sigma Green Belt.
Learning Six Sigma Green Belt tools and methods enables you to develop a business process improvement roadmap for any service sector organization – healthcare, government, finance, engineering, IT, telecommunications and many more. Lead proven Six Sigma DMAIC-style projects and better understand the voice of the customer.
Combine quality management with powerful process analysis tools and gain an in-depth understanding of the impact of process variation. Acquire the skills necessary to successfully close process improvement projects and implement process control tools that will ensure that the benefits realized are sustained.
Introduction to Six Sigma and DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
Completing the DEFIN E phase and Planning a Six Sigma Project
- Introduction to Six Sigma & the DMAIC methodology
- Writing effective problem statements
- Assessing Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- Introduction to the CT-Tree (Critical To)
- Incorporating “Lean Thinking” into Six Sigma projects
- Creating a SIPOC (Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer) map
Establishing ‘Winning Conditions’ and Launching Your Project
Project Launch and Effective Facilitation Skills
- Project Charters and Leading Successful Six Sigma Projects
- Launching the project with your team
- Understanding the impact of process variation
- Mapping the process
- Assessing process risk with Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Cause and Effect diagrams
- Team voting techniques
- Pareto charts and focus on the “vital few”
Introduction to Basic Statistics and Data Collection
Completing MEASURE Phase of Six Sigma Projects
- Introduction to basic statistics
- Descriptive statistics and histograms
- Graphical analysis techniques
- Introduction to inferential statistics
- Identifying the “hidden factory” of rework
- Data collection planning and execution
- Analyzing for process control and stability
Developing Profound Process Knowledge Using Powerful Analytical Tools
Completing the ANALYZE Phase of Six Sigma Projects
- Assessing process capability (Yield, DPMO, Sigma)
- Generating and interpreting scatter plots
- Performing simple linear regression
- Introduction to hypothesis testing
- Conducting hypothesis tests to explore process behaviour
Completing Your Successful Six Sigma Project
Completing the IMPROVE & CONTROL Phases of a Six Sigma Project
- Completing your analyses
- Assessing, ranking and selecting solutions
- Implementing and sustaining improvements
- Process control plans and reassessing capability
- Successful closure of a Six Sigma project
Please Note: Participants are required to bring a laptop computer for the duration of the program.
Biography Jeff is a highly accomplished Lean and Six Sigma professional with significant experience leading continuous process/product improvement and excellence initiatives. He has trained and coached individuals and senior leaders on Lean Six Sigma methodologies and process improvement projects...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.