Who should attend
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides a solid foundation in human resources concepts and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
About the course
This SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges that are relevant to you and your company. In 12 hours of training time, you can cover the issues you need to reduce potentially costly litigation.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations. You will:
- Keep up with key federal laws in areas such as total rewards, equal employment opportunity and harassment
- Improve employee recruitment and selection
- Increase your knowledge of orientation, onboarding, development and training
- Understand best practices for employee handbooks
- Download and use sample templates like employment applications, job descriptions, disciplinary policies and more
This 6-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources, so you will learn faster and retain more knowledge to accelerate your future in HR.
Benefits To You
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- A solid HR knowledge foundation to build on as you advance in your career.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from peers.
- Further professional development with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and a certificate upon completion.
Benefits To Your Employer
SHRM Essentials benefits your entire organization:
- Reduces the company’s risk of high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-Human Resources.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within your company.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.