Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This certification preparation course is designed for experienced HR professionals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification and want to:
- Increase knowledge
- Advance skills
- Earn recognition from the global HR community
- Eligibility requirements
(SHRM membership is not required.)
- You must show proof of HR work experience: (1,000 or more hours within a calendar year, equating to one year of experience.)
- Your HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
- Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
About the course
For HR professionals with three or more years of experience and poised to become leaders in their field, this course helps you to become a globally recognized human resource expert by preparing you to earn the SHRM Certified Professional and SHRM Senior Certified Professional credential. This course will expand and test your knowledge, along with providing practical, real-world competencies in areas critical to your HR career success.
Format: Live class lectures, discussions, interpersonal interaction, and group presentations that strengthen participants' knowledge
Key topics covered
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK. You’ll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam:
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
Kevin Brown is currently CHRO at King Engineering, as well as a faculty member in the Department of Management at Florida International University in Miami, Florida. Prior to joining King Engineering in May 2018, Kevin spent 15 years as Vice President of Human Resources for the US Division of SN...
John Nykolaiszyn, MS, SHRM-SCP John Nykolaiszyn is an accomplished human resources professional living and working in South Florida. He started his recruiting career working for The Maxim Group, a division of Aerotek. Capitalizing on a unique opportunity for growth, he joined a boutique firm in 1...
ossana Tabares is a human resources executive with over 20 years of domestic and international experience in the full spectrum of Human Resources disciplines with a strong focus on Talent Strategy, Leadership Development and Organizational Alignment. As an organizational alignment expert and tal...
Freddy Pardo is a strategic healthcare and human resources executive with more than 20 years of experience and an extensive background in business operations, management and human resources in several industries. Freddy currently serves as Chief Operating Officer for Jewish Family Home Care, one ...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.