Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This Oxford course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders & Supervisors
- Heads of Department
- Training Professionals
- Senior Business Leaders
- First Line Managers
- General Managers
- Middle Managers
About the course
This highly interactive seminar will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time proactively and effectively.
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do, how they need to do it and have a plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritize your day are two of the key skills needed to be successful and add value to your organization. Time is one of our most valuable resources yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as we could. This can lead to a stressful working environment which will prevent you from being successful and achieving your goals.
Most people deny that they are stressed or affected by internal or external factors in the workplace. As the cost of stress to the employer continues to grow, organizations must recognize stress in their employees and train staff and management how to manage stress productively. A recent survey showed that 1 in 5 people report their work to be very or extremely stressful, citing the nature of their work, relationships at work or their employer as the cause.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
- Setting SMART Objectives to achieve your Goals
- Planning and Prioritising
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
- Procrastination – the Stealer of Time
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH Model
- Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Managing Stress
- Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- Developing Self-Assertiveness to Achieve Greater Control over Stress
- Conflict Management- Common Cause of Stress
- Analysis of Individual Conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.