Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This Oxford Management Centre online training programme is aimed at professionals who want to take better control of their time and be more productive. It will also benefit those who find their working environment quite stressful and want to take control of reducing stress
This Oxford Management Centre online training programme is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Professionals
- Personnel Professionals
- Training Professionals
- Occupational Health Specialists
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Employees on any organisations that demands more from them, anyone that has to manage stress and pressure at work, meet deadlines & deliver results
About the course
This highly interactive seminar will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time proactively and effectively.
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do, how they need to do it and have a plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritize your day are two of the key skills needed to be successful and add value to your organization. Time is one of our most valuable resources yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as we could. This can lead to a stressful working environment which will prevent you from being successful and achieving your goals.
Most people deny that they are stressed or affected by internal or external factors in the workplace. As the cost of stress to the employer continues to grow, organizations must recognize stress in their employees and train staff and management how to manage stress productively. A recent survey showed that 1 in 5 people report their work to be very or extremely stressful, citing the nature of their work, relationships at work or their employer as the cause.
This highly interactive Oxford Management Centre Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction online training programme will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time & stress proactively and effectively.
This Oxford Management Centre online training programme will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals and objectives
- The Importance of Planning and Prioritizing daily, weekly, and monthly
- The Role of Effective Communication in managing your day more effectively
- Techniques to Manage Workplace Stress
- How to manage the demands of others who want / need your time
Specifically you will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
This online training programme will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training programme is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Companies who invest in this Oxford Management Centre training programme are providing employees with the opportunity to gain a set of skills and knowledge that will benefit the productivity of the individual and the business.
- This training programme introduces delegates to the benefits of goal and objective setting, which in turn will allow employees to become more effective and productive
- Delegates are shown how to take charge of their day, make best use of their personal best times of the day and plan their workload to ensure that personal and company objectives are consistently met
- This training programme provides delegates with the skills and strategies to be more productive, effective, and better able to manage workplace stress
- By providing employees with a clear understanding of why they feel stress, and providing them with the tools to manage it, companies are fulfilling their obligation to protect their employees
By learning how to set priorities, manage your day and manage stress effectively, delegates can expect to feel a greater sense of achievement not only at work but in their personal life.
- Each delegate will set their own goals and SMART objectives that they can use for their life, work, and personal goals
- You will create your own personal work plan that you can use to prioritize and manage your day more effectively
- You will learn empowerment techniques that will allow you to communicate more effectively with others who might be looking to take your time
- Each delegate will have the opportunity for self-analysis through questionnaires designed to help you understand your own and others behaviour
- You will learn how to recognize the signs of stress and how to manage them accordingly
- Delegates learn how to relax, regain control, and focus on taking personal ownership and responsibility for their state of mind and achieve positive outcomes to any situation
DAY 1 Managing Yourself and Your Day
- Goal Setting – Why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and Scheduling your activities
- Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
- Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
- My Perfect Day – When are you at your best?
DAY 2 Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
- Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
- Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
- Procrastination – The Stealer of Time
- Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – Staying Focused
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH model
DAY 3 Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
- Managing the Meeting – timekeeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
- How to delegate successfully?
- Understanding How people learn
- The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
DAY 4 Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is Stress?
- What contributes to Workplace Stress? – The top ten causes
- The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – The Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
- Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
- Maintaining an Effective balance between Home and Work
DAY 5 Managing Workplace Stress through Behaviour and Communication
- Understanding Behaviour Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- How our thought process affects our behaviour?
- Developing Self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over Stress
- Conflict Management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of Individual conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.