Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Develop and improve your team with service design thinking principles.
Service design thinking is both a framework and a mindset that is well documented and acknowledged internationally. It is used to develop a new service by seriously understanding the needs, wants and expectations of your customers.
You will become empowered to lead your team to transform design from an ad hoc approach to a systems driven methodology for competitive advantage.
This course is based on three foundation principles: accessibility, experience and follow up.
Our discussions and group dialogue will be built on three core Service Design Thinking foundations:
- Designing the service
- Managing the service
- Improving the service
Service design thinking follows five steps:
- Empathise – learn about the audience you propose to serve
- Define – construct a service offering that is based on user requirements and insights
- Ideate – brainstorm and come up with creative solutions
- Prototype – build a representation of one or more of your ideas to show to others
- Test – return to your original user group and test your ideas for feedback
- Be empowered to lead a team to apply service design thinking principles for a development or improvement opportunity
- Understand and have the ability to apply the five step process and the twelve key components
- Be equipped to take away the key tools and apply them in your own work environment
- Secure a resource kit and reference material for future learning and development
Your organisation will:
- Have the opportunity and capacity to introduce a systematic process for service design thinking in your company
- Move from an ad hoc approach to a “systems driven” methodology
- Build a core competency in service design thinking which leads to differentiation from your competitors
Who should attend
- Business leaders accountable for the strategic direction of the organisation
- Anyone with decision making authority in regard to resource availability and deployment
- People accountable for the change agenda
- All cross-functional team members assigned a specific improvement project
Trust the experts
Bryan Travers is the owner operator of Quality Dynamics Limited, a consultancy practice specialising in Senior Executive Leadership Coaching and Strategy Formulation. He has 30 years of experience in Senior Executive roles in various businesses. He also has a 20 year heritage in Executive Educati...