Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Grenoble Ecole de Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Discover a program designed to boost your ability to solve managerial challenges and develop reactivity. This certificate enables managers, educators and Human Resources staff to develop serious games.
The Serious Game Designer certificate is designed to share with you the skills needed to develop serious games for business training. The program was created by the Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) Serious Game team in order to enable educators and digital managers to create and implement game-oriented training sessions.
By completing this program, you will learn the skills required to create a serious game prototype, define gameplay and use a specifically designed game-writing tool.
Serious games provide an interactive and fun approach to solving concrete challenges. Gamification, or the use of game playing in companies, has evolved rapidly and can now provide solutions to challenges in training, recruitment, change management and innovation. This certificate can be completed by the Serious Game Master Certificate.
Upon completing the certification, participants will be able to:
- Conceptualize a management problem in terms of a gamification
- Define game specifications to address a specific problem
- Create a complete game prototype
- Establish a framework for implementing and guiding the game
- A unique program in Europe, based on research and experience acquired by GEM in corporate environments
- A game-writing tool that adapts to meet your specific needs
- An experienced specialist recognized in France and abroad for her expertise on serious games
DAY 1 INTRODUCTION TO SERIOUS GAMES
- Theories, key concepts, methodology and stakes of serious games for management
- Demonstration of game-writing tool
Choice of a theme and key performance indicators to create a game
DAY 2 CREATING A FRAMEWORK
- Define game KPIs
- Define learning objectives
- Learn to use the game-writing tool
Define gameplay (characters, scenario, problems, etc.). Outline decision process
DAY 3 DEVELOPING THE GAME
- Presentation of current research and knowledge concerning game design and player behavior
Detail the decision process Create characters and define their personalities (behavior, characteristics, emotions, etc.)
DAY 4 DEFINING GAME RULES
- Determine player levels and motivations
Establish scoring and feedback processes
DAY 5 : PRESENTATION
- Feedback on the game prototypes created by participants
- Advice and guidelines for presenting a game
Games tested by experts
Who should attend
- Digital managers
- HR professionals
- Heads of training
- E-learning experts
- Coaches and consultants
- Anyone interested in creating serious games
Trust the experts
Areas of expertise Management and Creativity Pedagogy Serious gaming Ski resorts Biography Hélène Michel is a professor at Grenoble Ecole de Management (France). Prof Michel holds a PhD and a post doctorate degree (HDR accreditation to supervise research) in management sciences. She speciali...