Who should attend
- Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
Making sense of data is critically important throughout most, if not all, aspects of design thinking and agile methods, be it making sense of market trends or customer data to gain deep insights into what customers might value and their pain points or making sense of feedback data collected from prototype testing or initial sales figures from minimum viable products that have gone to market. This program is designed to help participants develop practical skills in taking a sensemaking approach to collaboration and innovation. Sensemaking is the process by which people who work together to give meaning to their shared experience and using this shared meaning to organize work.
Benefits to You
This two-day program is designed to introduce participants to a practical approach comprising a variety of sensemaking tools and frameworks that guide co-workers towards more effective collaboration and innovation in banking and financial services.
Learners will learn to apply a sense making approach to:
- Innovating to improve internal systems (e.g. processing applications and queuing systems
- Innovating to external market conditions (e.g. bringing new innovations to market and defending against impending disruptive innovations)
- Fostering collaboration amongst co-workers within organisational teams, across organisational networks and throughout the organisational system
- System utilization
- Queuing system
- Disruptive innovation
- Sensemaking and innovation/Sensemaking and collaboration
- Information asymmetry
- Information flow
- Systems thinking
Professor of Management at ESSEC Business School. Prior to joining ESSEC, he was Associate Professor of Management at HEC Paris and also taught courses at Cornell University and the National University of Singapore. He has been recognized for teaching excellence, notably being awarded the Pedago...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.