Senior Leaders' Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
The 3-Tier Concept
The 3-Tier Programme (3-TP) is one of the flagship executive courses, designed, developed, and offered by IIMA with the following management philosophy:
- Managerial effectiveness is enhanced if managerial competence and skill development activity is viewed in the perspective of the entire organization.
- Organizational growth and development is facilitated if executives are exposed to learning opportunities and experiences that simulate activities and responsibilities of teams in organizations.
- Process of change is accelerated and sustained when interventions on managerial skills are initiated simultaneously at several levels.
- Potential for development and upgradation of human resources is considered a critical factor for an organization in the long term.
Operationally, 3-TP is a set of three executive programmes designed to meet the developmental needs of middle, senior, and top executives of medium and large organizations.
The 3-Tier Programmes which have been offered 58 times in the past have so far attracted over 10,610 participants from public, private, and government sector organizations.
Senior Leaders' Programme
This programme is positioned at a “tactical level” and meant for functional/domain heads and general managers who are involved in both strategy formulation and execution.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Help participants in developing an outlook of a SBU head that requires integration of an organizational strategy with functional strategies in various areas of management.
- Sensitize participants to key contemporary concern areas like internationalization of business, quality and customer orientation, and governance.
- Enable participants to view various functions of management in today’s rapidly changing global economy.
The programme emphasizes the problem-solving approach through the dominant pedagogy using “Case Method of Learning.” The approach involves defining problems, specifying objectives, generating criteria, developing options, and choosing the best alternative in an uncertain environment. Additionally, the programme develops leadership skills of coordination, motivation, and inspiration and suggests measures of monitoring and controlling processes and functions
The programme is divided into several interdependent modules each of which focuses on a different aspect or a function of management from a senior management perspective. The programme concludes with an integrated exercise requiring participants to apply their learning from the modules to a real life situation.
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance & Ethics
- Corporate Strategy
- Decision Analysis
- Economic Environment and Policy
- Financial and Cost Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Legal Aspects of Business Management
- Managerial Communication
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Processes
- Risk Management
- Value Creation in Public Services
Who should attend
This programme is designed for senior management professionals of medium to large public and private sector organisations who are desirably above 35 years of age with more than 10 years of managerial experience. The participants are either in general management positions reporting to the top management or are groomed to occupy such positions or are currently heading a functional department