Who should attend
The program is designed to benefit:
Top investors, senior analysts, researchers, executives and peers whose responsibilities require in-depth analysis, use and forecasting of corporate financial statements.
Seekers of knowledge on the latest trends and thought leadership affecting global capital markets.
About the course
Investment services will thrive only if principals and assets owners have trust in the system and obtain fair and sustainable results from the services and actions of agents. Through this programme, we seek to empower participants to improve the future of the financial industry by; putting investors first and protecting their interest, deepening financial knowledge, and promoting the enforcement of rules and regulation that ensure transparency and fairness
It is an advanced programme on business and corporate financial analysis designed to equip participants with knowledge and skills in using industry and corporate financial statements to evaluate company performance and take investment (debt or equity) decisions.
Participants will acquire the skill to analyse not just the true past performance (quality of earnings, etc), but also prepare the analyst’s forecasts of earnings and cash flows statements used in different financial and business planning policies, transactions and decisions including business and financial re-structuring and financial resolution as well as the economics of mergers & acquisitions
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Participants will acquire the skill to analyse not just the true past performance (quality of earnings, etc.), but also prepare the analyst’s forecasts of future earnings and cash flows statements used in different financial and business planning policies, transactions and decisions including business and financial re-structuring and financial resolution as well as the economics of mergers & acquisitions.
- Framework for assessing the quality and risks of companies’ financial reports and accounts would be learned
- Participants would also learn how about (and how to factor in) macro-economic (business sector) and demographic (household sector) metrics into their analysis and forecasts (business and financial).
- Macro-economic, demographic, industry, business and competitive analysis and report
- Business and financial analysis, evaluation and execution
- Using interim forecast/outlook statements by board and management
- Preparing the analysts forecasts of earnings, cash flows and net operating assets
- Prospective analysis and valuation
- Valuation, mergers and acquisition
- Corporate business and financial re-structuring and financial resolution
- Elements of behavioral finance
- Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER)
Dr. Owolabi teaches, undertakes research and consults in areas which include financial modeling, corporate financial accounting, strategic cost management, taxation and environmental accounting. Having studied electronic/electrical engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University where he graduated wit...
Кayode is a Faculty in finance and strategy at the Lagos Business School. He was formerly the Academic Director of the International Management Programme (IMP), inaugural chairman of the Assurance of Learning (AOL), Committee and deputy chairman of the Curriculum Development and Assurance of Lear...
Ikechukwu Kelikume is currently a doctoral student of the Swiss University of Economics (SMC University, Switzerland) and leads sessions in microeconomic and macroeconomic environment of business at Lagos Business School. Ike undertakes research and consults in areas which include macroeconomic ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.