Securities Settlement Clearing & Global Custody
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
This course has been designed to cover the most important aspects of settlements and describe the whole process, from decision making to purchasing or selling a security, to actual settlement and safekeeping. It examines the way in which cross-border transactions are settled in the major markets, the players who operate in it and the instruments that need to be settled. It will also examine the changes taking place in the industry. With its emphasis and focus on the practicalities of settling trades, this course is a must for new entrants in this area.
This course is packed with group discussions and practical workshops on the relationships with the counterparties and on explaining the high level process flow from trade to settlement for equities, bonds and derivatives. Delegates will also produce a take-home detailed overview of the clearing and settlement environment including key players, processes and issues.
How You Will Learn
- Real-world examples and case studies will reinforce the theory taught on the course
- The role of the settlements department
- Settlement conventions and how they differ by security class in major markets
- Pre-settlement and settlement processes
- Global custody - core services and value-added services
- Common types of corporate actions and the growing importance of proxy voting