Who should attend
If you are a business professional who wants to improve your productivity and efficiency by taking control, this programme is for you.
About the course
Take back your time and become a more productive you. The truth is that your work will continue to pile up if all you do is check tasks off of your to-do list.
Improve your productivity and efficiency by taking control of the pile of work that is driving you crazy.
You need to develop a goal-driven plan and a step-by step method of helping you meet your deadlines. This instructor-led, online workshop shows you how to examine what needs to be done and determine the best approaches to complete your work in the time you are given make your days more productive.
You’ll discover how to protect your work day from interruptions without jeopardizing your ability to get things done. Whether it’s your boss or a “Chatty Cathy” co-worker, you’ll hear what to say and how to respond to disrupters to send them away without hurt feelings.
Plus you’ll get advice on keeping your boss mindful of your goals, which helps you turn away less important requests asked of you during a typical work week.
How will you benefit?
Establishing Goals and Setting Priorities
- Utilize the SMART Goal Model
- Identify Activities/Tasks to Support Your SMART Goal
- Prioritize Your Activities/Tasks
Maintaining Concentration and Focus
- Recognize the Benefits of Maintaining Your Concentration and Focus
- Establish Routines and Identify and Define “Dash-Dot” Work
- Uncover and Deal with Time Wasters
What will you learn and practice?
This hands-on training programme is highly interactive with exercises. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
During this course, you’ll learn specific methods and tactics showing how to:
- Learn what questions to ask yourself at the start of each work day to keep you focused and on track
- Discover guidelines for breaking your work down into more easily managed tasks and activities
- How to use the SMART goal process to decide where you should focus your efforts to meet your objectives
- The most practical ways to employ the 80-20 rule to identify which tasks will give you the most payoff in the shortest amount of time
- How to identify “red flag” time wasters and productivity tips for handling them effectively
- Tools and tactics for managing the interruptions that kill your work efficiency and specific ways to “train” your boss and co-workers to leave you alone when you need to get key tasks completed
- Advice on overcoming your procrastination behaviors – ways to get unstuck when you can’t get anything done
- Four steps to tackle dreaded paperwork before it piles up on your desk
- Tips for minimizing time-wasting distractions
- No-nonsense strategies for taming your email inbox and using connectivity more effectively
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.