Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Public company financial accounting and reporting professionals face their own set of unique challenges.
This seminar provides a sound grounding in SEC reporting and compliance for financial professionals at public companies or companies planning an IPO. It gives participants practical, hands-on experience preparing annual reports, quarterly reports, current reports, and the proxy statements in compliance with the SEC—even as the regulatory requirements change. Course materials are continuously updated to give timely perspectives on current issues on the SEC’s agenda, such as Non-GAAP disclosures, the Disclosure Effectiveness Project, Dodd‑Frank initiatives, the JOBS Act, trends in SEC comments and XBRL. Actual SEC filings are integrated into the course to demonstrate how the regulations are implemented in practice, and all participants receive an SEC Rules and Regulations Manual.
- The SEC, Its Operations, and Organization
- Non-U.S. GAAP Financial Measures
- Dealing Effectively with SEC Staff
- Developing the Form 10-K Annual Report
- Item by Item Analysis of Form 10-K Requirements
- Preparing the Form 10-Q Quarterly Report
- Current Reporting on Form 8-K
- Proxy Statement and Annual Report to Shareholders
- Current Hot Issues including Trends in SEC Comments, XBRL, and SEC Reporting using IFRS
Trust the experts
Mary Anne Busse
Mary Anne Busse is a nationally recognized expert in disclosure and governance, having served for several years in various capacities with the Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C., her last assignment as Senior Counsel in the Division of Corporation Finance. Ms. Busse currently ...