Who should attend
Companies and organizations around the world all need emotionally intelligent leaders — everyone can benefit from a more mindful and self-aware workforce. This workshop is especially for those who want to support their organization’s ability to build an inspiring, high-performance workplace that attracts and retains top talent.
About the course
Using the tools of mindfulness and emotional intelligence.
Create an inspired workplace that supports true human development through mindfulness training, leadership skills and increasing well-being.
The Search Inside Yourself workshop (SIY) is the unique two-day course that was developed and refined at Google. The workshop focus is on the five key domains of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills – with mindfulness practice, science, and leadership applications fully integrated at all levels.
SIY helps organizations address some of their most difficult challenges:
• Building resilience in times of rapid change • Helping leaders solve not just technical but adaptive problems, which have no clear answers • Supporting people to thrive in a fast-paced, connected world without boundaries • Creating an inspired workplace that supports true human development
Over the course of two days, our expert instructors integrate the theory and practices of mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and the supporting scientific evidence in order to provide you with not just the tools to succeed, but also the knowledge to back up changes you make at the office. SIY provides the tools and skills to improve workplace effectiveness, leadership, and happiness.
Search Inside Yourself works in three steps:
Attention is the basis of all higher cognitive and emotional abilities. Train attention to create a quality of mind that is both calm and alert. This quality of mind forms the foundation for emotional intelligence.
Self-Knowledge and Self-Mastery:
Use trained attention to understand cognitive and emotional processes. This knowledge provides the individual with the ability to regulate and master emotions.
Create Useful Habits and Leadership Skills:
Develop the habits of leading with compassion and communicating with insight. These habits can be trained and create trust that leads to highly productive collaborations.
Program participants will:
- Learn several mental training practices, including self-awareness, attention training and an introduction to emotional intelligence that are useful in enhancing work place skills.
- Learn practices designed to enhance concentration and creativity, and improve self-awareness and emotional process, enhance self-confidence, optimism, and empathy.
- Learn practices for developing alignment, clarifying vision and building resilience, as well as practices for leading with compassion and influencing with insight.
This course consists of four 1/2 day sessions. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 am–9:00 am and sessions will be held from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Session One (AM)
Introduction, Mindfulness, Emotional Intelligence, Self-awareness
- Introduction to emotional intelligence
- Introduction to mindfulness
- The neuroscience of mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Intuition and decision-making
- The theory, practice, and science of meditation
- Self-awareness at work
- Nine key emotional intelligence competencies
- Science of self-awareness and self regulation
Session Three (AM)
Motivation and Empathy
- Neuroscience of motivation
- The role of empathy in leadership
- Understanding others
- Neuroscience of empathy
- Developing trust
- Political awareness
Session Two (PM)
Self-regulation and Motivation
- Emotional regulation
- Understanding triggers
- Self-regulation model
Session Four (PM)
Empathy and Social Skills
- Leadership and compassion
- Influence with goodness
- Communication with insight
- Neuroscience with compassion
- Teambuilding model and establishing trust
- Difficult Conversations
- "Connecting the dots"
Elli Weisbaum has a unique background in both mindfulness practice and research. She has worked internationally facilitating mindfulness workshops and retreats within the sectors of education, healthcare and business. This has included work in Canada, Bhutan, India, Germany, France, the UK and U...
Carolina is passionate about growth. As a marketing professional with over 14 years of experience, she has worked in companies of all sizes to help them elevate their brands. As someone passionate about personal development, she practices and teaches ways for more people to grow and attain their ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.